Monday, May 3, 2010

Silly Games

Here's my Sorority Life doll - Gaby Doll - dressed in a pink Coco Chanel suit.
Sorority Life is a game on Facebook where you can create a character who organizes events, earn Bonus Points to use for buying cool "glam" like pretty dresses, shoes, and much more. Girls and women - even men - play this game from all over the world. One thing you can do with the game is give your character "lines" to say when she has a showdown with a rival. What should she say when she wins the fight? Or when she loses? Of course, my character now speaks French - in honor of my upcoming trip. She says "Merci!" when she wins, "Au revoir!" when she loses, and her main greeting is the standard "Bon jour." So elementary. I need to work up something wittier...don't you think?

And in the game, you can pick a boyfriend - and of all the boyfriends you can pick, this one looks like a French teen idol!

P.S. Thanks for all of your book suggestions! I am headed to the bookstore and library this week to get started...

From the BBC series on Paris, Blood and Chocolate (Part 2 of 3). Enjoy!

Streets of Paris - I shot this the day I left Paris, on a rainy September morning.

Small group Paris tours for women