Monday, May 31, 2010

Roam Around The World!


My 50th birthday was yesterday, but I've been celebrating this birthday from the time I booked my trip to Paris, way back in March, and will continue to celebrate straight through September, when the trip will actually happen.

This was my birthday cake, which we had last week ...
And my friend in Australia sent me a whole mess of birthday gifts, one to open any time I feel I need a "lift" OR all at once.
And yesterday I went to see Sex and The City 2 with my friend Kate, who gave me the card with the quote on it "Roam abroad in the world, and take thy fill of its enjoyments," pictured above. Kate also gave me this cute little book ...
Its pages are filled with artwork and impassioned descriptions of the spirit of Paris to be found at many famous sites throughout the city.

I'm getting ready to roam and can't wait - until Paris!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect song! I am trying to gear myself in that right frame of mind. I am not fond of planes :(

Kimmy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
It is my sincere hope Paris offers up each and every lovely sight, smell and sound you could ever dream of.
Have a most lovely rest of the week, cheers!

Meg Mitchell said...

I go to Paris now on all my birthdays. It's the greatest way to celebrate your new year. Paris is soul food. Enjoy your trip and I understand the countdown to the big day.

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

Aaack! I completely forgot to stop by and wish you a Happy Birthday! A happy belated one to you! :)

What lovely gifts you received and it was so nice to see the photos of them and you with your cake. How lovely!

So now it is only about three months 'til Paris, isn't it. :) It is getting closer!

Have a wonderful rest of the week, Cynthia.

Je m'appelle Cynthia said...

To everyone who wished me a happy birthday - my Parisienne friends - merci beaucoup!

Sweet Freak said...

Happy, happy birthday (belatedly!)
You have great friends... and every reason to be excited for your 50th!
xo

Sabina said...

Happy Birthday once again my friend!! Love this blog...oh so much!!!

From the BBC series on Paris, Blood and Chocolate (Part 2 of 3). Enjoy!

Streets of Paris - I shot this the day I left Paris, on a rainy September morning.

Small group Paris tours for women