Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Les Gateaux on my Decoupage Tray

My friend and colleague, Joanne, won this decoupage wooden tray at a charity event that our professional association held two Christmas' ago. I wanted it so badly that she gave it to me! You can see why I wanted it so much ...
It has yummy illustrations of French style pastries all over it. I also like the brown and beige striped border.
(Perhaps I will do my daily French lesson off of this tray today. There are many French words on it. Right now, I am proud to say I know that the French word for cake is gateau, a masculine noun that requires "le" or "un" before it. The plural form of gateau is gateaux. I am learning, albeit slowly, the French language ... one bit at a time, sort of how one should enjoy un gateau.)

If you like this tray, you can find it at:
micheldesignworks.com and onecoast.com.

Until Paris ... only five months and three days to go!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHHHH YUM!! Everyone is thinking cakes!! The word for cake in Spanish is male as well! Funny!

Sabina said...

I'm really enjoying your new blog. Thanks for the BBC clip - very interesting!! I must watch the whole thing.

Come and check out the French Patisserie cards I just won over at my blog. Lately everything is French somehow. Maybe it's a sign. ;)

xo!!

vicki archer said...

It is adorable...I can understand why you would love it. xv

From the BBC series on Paris, Blood and Chocolate (Part 2 of 3). Enjoy!

Streets of Paris - I shot this the day I left Paris, on a rainy September morning.

Small group Paris tours for women